Are you curious about how beautiful you are? Do you want to know your rating? Why not try this app which scores your beauty out of 100 along with your flaws?
Pretty scale, launched in 2011, was made to analyze photos and score them from 1 to 100 with a review of whether the person’s face is good-looking, average, or ugly.
It inspects your facial symmetry and compares your proportions with the ideal proportions of a man or a woman.
This app labels down the terms and conditions important for a person to know before agreeing.
The app does not permit people with low self-esteem and confidence to take the test as the results might lower their confidence level even further.
How to take the test?
If you are wondering how to take the Pretty scale test, it’s quite simple. You just need to follow the steps given below:
- Open the official website of Pretty scale– www.Pretty scale.com
- A website will open where you’ll be asked to choose whether you want to analyze your face or your body.
- Before starting, you will find a warning sign right below the start option.
- The warning sign warns you not to take the test if your confidence or self-esteem is low.
- Once you agree to it, you have to select your gender- male or female.
- After selection, you will be given a choice to either click a photo right there or upload it from your gallery.
- The real fun starts from hereon. Before the results are out, you have to adjust the dimensions according to your face or your body.
- Once you have gone through all the steps and measurements, it will give you the result.
Pretty scale face score ranges from:
Pretty scale 100: You are perfect
90-95: You are beautiful
85-90: You are pretty
>85: You are good looking
>60: You are not bad
>40: You are ugly
However, this varies from person to person.
For the body, the score ranges from too skinny, slim, average and so on.
Apart from the Pretty scale website, the Pretty scale app is available in Google Playstore. The app has a 2.1-star rating with more than 10 Lakh downloads.
Safety and Accuracy
You might question is Pretty scale accurate? Is it safe? Well, the answer is no, it isn’t. The results are not accurate, and here’s why-
- Use of pictures – Pretty scale uses photographs, and an image cannot tell you how you look in real life.
Also, some of the cameras have the features of making your eyes, nose, or chin look more prominent than actual or make it look small or short.
Thus, a mere picture cannot tell whether you are pretty or ugly.
- Measurements- The website asks you to point the line around your face to measure while it doesn’t ask you to show your teeth or if you have your glasses on.
Even if you put a dog’s face and send them the measurements, it will still update you with the results.
- Just the use of symmetry– Pretty scale uses symmetry to determine if you are ugly or beautiful.
However, there are many people who will quickly fail the symmetry test but will still be considered the most attractive people alive.
Moreover, there are various symmetries through which one can measure, like- the Rule of fifths, where the face is divided into five parts with the width of the eye; Rule of third; Rule of 77, etc.
Pros of the app
- This app uses a kind of symmetry which so far gives you an idea about how pretty you are.
- Pretty scale can be great fun to play with your friends and family.
Cons of the app
- The app could use some soft comments like “It is ok, you are still beautiful” in the results instead of directly commenting “You are ugly.”
- Also, instead of highlighting the imperfections, which can mentally disturb someone, the app could highlight the plus points and not be so harsh on its audience.
The Pretty scale was made for people who really wish to know about their face or their body. The result may hurt or motivate you, depending on how you take things.
Beauty standards have changed over the past years, and they differ from one place and culture to another.
From a young age, women are taught to take care of their bodies and faces as if there are no other important things in life.
Women have started participating in politics, education, business, employment, etc., but society’s mindset is that they need to be slim and fit.
Over the years, an ideal female body has been a slim figure with slender legs and flawless skin.
From generation to generation, women are taught to be the ‘quiet’ disciplined girl.
With high beauty standards, most women wear long-sleeved clothes so that they don’t tan themselves from the sun no matter how humid the weather is.
Beauty is not what you wear or put on your face and body; beauty is how you carry it.
It is not about matching your outfit with expensive ornaments; it is always about how flawlessly you carry your smile and maintain confidence in your stance.
The world is full of people who are busy working on the outer beauty that they have forgotten about their inner beauty, which is way more important.
One must never forget that more focus on the physical aspects can make a person insecure, but it is inner beauty that makes a person strong and invincible.
Outer beauty fades away with time, and so does your look, but your soul, your personality, your knowledge, and your good deeds are what make you ‘the beautiful person’.
Beauty is all about simplicity, grace and the confidence to be comfortable in your own skin.
So, do you want to know who the most beautiful person in the world is? There’s a trick.
Pick up the mirror nearest to you. Who do you see? THAT’S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERSON IN THE WORLD!