Hair shedding is widespread, but when it begins to clog your drain, it may get a little more difficult to ignore. On average, it is customary to shed about 100 strands a day, but if you see a higher number of shedding strands with no signs of hair growth, you may want to treat it right away. While there are no specific reasons for hair fall, the triggers are often stress, hormonal imbalance, excessive weight loss, any sickness.
1. Egg and coconut oil mask
- One white egg
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
How to prepare the mask
- Separate one egg white in a bowl and add the coconut oil and honey.
- Beat the mask thoroughly and apply it all over your hair and scalp thoroughly
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off with mild shampoo.
2. Green tea
Green tea is rich in antioxidants that help boost hair growth and limit hair loss.
- Soak a couple of tea bags in hot water.
- When the water cools down, pour the tea water over your scalp and hair.
- Gently massage it on your head and rinse it off with cool water in an hour.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an effective home remedy for hair loss and reduces itching and flaking.
- Extract the pulp of fresh aloe vera.
- Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave it for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Rinse with normal water. You can do this three to four times a week.
4. Fenugreek seeds
An age-old effective method to stop hair loss, fenugreek is used to repair hair follicles and help the regrowth of strands.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in water.
- Grind it to a fine paste and apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Leave the paste on your head for about half an hour.
- After 30 to 40 minutes, rinse it with normal water.
5. Onion juice
The antimicrobial properties of onion help fight any scalp infection, while the sulfur improves blood circulation to the hair follicles. Both of which lead to healthier hair growth.
- Squeeze out the juice of a few onions and mix it with coconut oil.
- Dip a cotton ball in the extract and apply it across your scalp.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes, and then wash it off using normal water and a mild shampoo.
While home remedies will help you keep your hair more robust and promote healthy growth, it is also essential to take care of your hair health daily by using non-toxic, chemical-free hair products.
Switch to natural hair care by using Coco Soul’s shampoo and conditioner made with the goodness of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil and Ayurvedic herbs.